Hello every body this is the 2nd kick off in our Blog now we will talking about Cloud infrastructure we will talking about vRealize automation 6.0 .
at first i want talk about the name of product in near past it was called vCloud automation Center and VMware Changed the name as a lot of products to vRealize automation or vRa and the new version is 6.0 .
VMware vRealize Automation 6.0 installation:
Prerequisites for installation:
Have Available Resource for Cloud automation component:
- Have Available Resources
- Identity Appliance: 1vCPU, 2GB of RAM, 2GB of Disk
- vRA Appliance: 2vCPU, 8GB of RAM, (2VMDK30GB and one 25 GB).
- IaaS Server (Windows 2008 R2 SP1 or Windows 2012): 2vCPU, 8GB RAM, 30GB of Disk.
Requires SQL Database connection
- TCP/IP protocol enabled for MS SQL Server
- Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator Service (MS DTC) enabled on all SQL nodes in the system
- No firewalls between Database Server and the Web server or IaaS Server,if you have firewall please check ports needed to open.
- If using SQL Server Express, the SQL Server Browser service must be running.
- NET Framework 4.5
- Power Shell 2.0 or 3.0
- We will be using an vRA6.0 script to configure the per-requisits for the Windows Box.
- Verify NTP is functional across the domain
- I found it easier making sure that all hostname are entered in lowercase. this way there are DNS issues.
vRealize Automation 6.0 requires hosts to be identified using their fully qualified domain names (FQDN). DNS infrastructure is very important.
- If you are not already, log into the DC, open the start menu >> Administrative Tools >> DNS
- Right click on the forward lookup zone for your domain, select New Host (A or AAA…)
- Enter the hostname and IP address used during the OVF deployment.
Deploy the vRA Identity Appliance:
1. Choose the source OVA file. Click Next
2.choose the OVA file and click next
3.View the details of the OVA. Click Next
4. Scroll to the Bottom. Click Accept the EULA. Click Next.
5.choose the Cluster that you want Deploy in.
6.Choose Data store you want to store the vAppliance on.
7.Configure Root password.
8. Network Configuration.
9.you can show all details and Select to Power On the OVA after deployment and click finish
10.after Complete Deployment you can open vAppliance for virtual machine Console that in vSphere Client.
11.Now you can Open your internet browser and beginning to Configure the Identity Appliance .
12. Write the ip address or all FQDN :5480
Login with Root and your passw0rd that you configured before.
……. the Next post we will complete configuration of vRID and Deploy vRA6.0.